Register now for our November Interactive Review Course in Charlotte, NC
Now Scheduling for Dallas Mock Oral
Megan Carreno, MD, FACOG
ABC providing one on one mock oral in Dallas.
November ABOG oral exam candidates have now received their exact exam day and time. ABC is scheduling a limited number of DO or Die in Dallas sessions. These private mock orals can be on your case list or structured case portion of the test. Each one-on-one 55 minute sessions are available on a first come first served basis. Contact Kelly Friesen in our office for more information.
Test Taking Technique
Case List Strategy
Make sure you know ALL the categories on each summary sheet, not simply the ones you have applied. This is especially applicable to the office case list, where you may have strategically dodged those dreadful primary care categories. EVERY SINGLW category is fair game on the test. Our Oral Exam FAQ's can spoon feed you questions similar to those most frequently asked in each category.
November Interactive Review Course
November 19th - 24th, Charlotte, NC
ABC has the best review course in the country. We not only review content, but also how to articulate to board examiners. We will also practice these skills daily.
- Condensed, focused, targeted lecture
- Facilitated structured cases exercises
- Tips on how to defend your case list
- Peer-to-peer and mentor-to-student engaged activities
- 53 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Optional packages below
Halloween Fun Facts
1. Halloween is the second most profitable American holiday for retailers. Christmas is the first. The first pumpkins were carved from turnips. According to Irish legend, Jack O’Lanterns are named after a stingy man named Jack who, because he tricked the devil several times, was forbidden entrance into both heaven and hell. He was condemned to wander the Earth, waving his lantern to lead people away from their paths.
2. Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween
3. Ireland is typically believed to be the birthplace of Halloween
4. Reese's peanut butter cups is the most popular candy. Tootsie Rolls are the least favorite.
Upcoming Deadlines, Events, Dates:
12th - 19th - AOBOG fall primary written exam
18th - Last day to apply for 2020 Specialty & Subspecialty Qualifying exam without late fee
19th -11/18th - ABOG primary written exam fees due
4th - 7th - ABOG Certifying Oral exam
15th - ABOG MOC application submission deadline
19th - ABC's Oral Exam Workshop in Charlotte, NC
20th - 24th - ABC's live review course in Charlotte, NC
22nd - 24th - ABC's MFM and FPM subspecialty interactive review courses in Charlotte, NC
Test Taking Tip
Written Exam Candidates
Since ABOG no longer reports your score for the written board exam, unfortunately, the only resource to gauge your performance is the CREOG in-service-training exam. Anyone, not just residents, can take the exam, and is STRONGLY advised for those who are repeating their board exam. Don't worry... the results come only to you. However, the one page application and $120 examination fee is due November 9th. Either email Darya Valantsevich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 202-863-2548 to arrange this and choose your testing center.