Preparing for a written exam
Our bestselling Written Questions Manuals are available online and by subscription. Do you only need them for your June exam? No problem! We have a 1-3 month subscriptions or a 1 year subscription available for those who want to get a head start on their CREOG's in 2021.
Test Taking Technique
Case List Strategy
Make sure you know ALL the categories on each summary sheet, not simply the ones you have applied. This is especially applicable to the office case list, where you may have strategically dodged those dreadful primary care categories. EVERY SINGLE category is fair game on the test. Our Oral Exam FAQ's can spoon feed you questions similar to those most frequently asked in each category.
Read More Online
November Interactive Review Course
November 17th - 24th, Virtual
ABC has the best review course in the country. We not only review content, but also teach how to articulate to board examiners. We will also practice these skills daily.
- Written exam strategy and techniques
- Condensed, focused, targeted lectures
- Small group, interactive, facilitated, roundtable discussions
- Facilitated structured cases exercises
- Facilitated written questions sessions
- Peer-to-peer and mentor-to-student engaged activities
- 47 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Test your knowledge
- Thanksgiving is celebrated only in the United States. True or False
- What is the name of the famous rock credited to where the pilgrim first landed?
- What was the name of the ship the pilgrims came over on?
- Who was the captain of this ship?
- In Canada, they celebrate Thanksgiving in what month?
- The term "Cornucopia" means what?
Upcoming Deadlines, Events, Dates:
9th - 14th - AOBOG Primary Written Exam at Pearson Vue
16th - ABOG MOC application submission deadline
16th - 22nd - AOBOG OCC exam for expired diplomates
17th - ABC's Virtual Written Test Taking Skills Workshop
18th - 22th - ABC's Virtual review course
20th - 22nd - ABC's Virtual FPMRS subspecialty interactive review courses
26th - AOBOG application period opens for 2021 Primary Written Exam
4th - 6th - ABC REI & MFM Review Courses
4th - Royal College deadline to register for 2021 Spring exam
15th - ABOG MOC Assignment due
18th - Final application deadline for 2021 ABOG Specialty and Subspecialty Qualifying Exam
Test Taking Tip
Written Exam Candidates
ABOG will now provide you with a scaled test score in addition to the results of "pass/fail". The cut point for passing the written exam with be determined each year after pyschometric evaluations of the results. The CREOG in-service training exam is a great indicator to gauge your performance. Anyone, not just residents, can take the exam, and is STRONGLY advised for those who are repeating their board exam. Don't worry... the results come only to you. However, the deadline to apply has passed, but you can register the day of the exam. Seats are not guaranteed and the cost is $145 per examination. Either email Darya Valantsevich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 202-863-2548 to arrange this and choose your testing center.
Read More Test Taking Tips Online
Online Test Taking Skills Course
Available on demand
- User Guide by Dr. Krishna Das, MD breaks down the content and order of course
- Videos by educators
- Use of CQRPE method can increase exam scores up to 20 points
- Step by Step strategy on taking tests
- Self-paced online course available on any device
- Course $400. Check out our packages that include course and save.