NOW Scheduling for December Dallas Mock Oral
Diane Klivington, DO, MS, FACOG, FACOOG
ABC providing one on one mock oral in Dallas.
December ABOG oral exam candidates have now received their exact exam day and time. ABC is scheduling a limited number of Do or Die in Dallas sessions. These private mock orals can be on your case list or structured case portion of the test. Each one-on-one 55 minute sessions are available on a first come first served basis. Contact Kelly Friesen in our office for more information.
Test Taking Technique
Case List Strategy
Make sure you know ALL the categories on each summary sheet, not simply the ones you have applied. This is especially applicable to the office case list, where you may have strategically dodged those dreadful primary care categories. EVERY SINGLE category is fair game on the test. Our Oral Exam FAQ's can spoon feed you questions similar to those most frequently asked in each category.
November Interactive Review Course
November 19th - 24th, Charlotte, NC
ABC has the best review course in the country. We not only review content, but also teach how to articulate to board examiners. We will also practice these skills daily.
- Oral exam strategy and techniques
- Condensed, focused, targeted lectures
- Small group, interactive, facilitated, roundtable discussions
- Facilitated structured cases exercises
- Tips on how to defend your case list
- Peer-to-peer and mentor-to-student engaged activities
- 53 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Optional packages below
Test your knowledge
- Thanksgiving is celebrated only in the United States. True or False
- What is the name of the famous rock credited to where the pilgrim first landed?
- What was the name of the ship the pilgrims came over on?
- Who was the captain of this ship?
- In Canada, they celebrate Thanksgiving in what month?
- The term "Cornucopia" means what?
Upcoming Deadlines, Events, Dates:
4th - 7th - ABOG Certifying Oral exam
15th - ABOG MOC application submission deadline
19th - ABC's Oral Exam Workshop in Charlotte, NC
20th - 24th - ABC's live review course in Charlotte, NC
22nd - 24th - ABC's MFM and FPM subspecialty interactive review courses in Charlotte, NC
2nd - 6th - AOBG Certifying Oral Exam
6th - AOBOG spring 2020 subspecialty oral exam applications due
13th - AOBOG spring 2020 written exam applications available
16th - ABOG MOC Assignment due
18th - Final application deadline for 2020 ABOG Written Exam
18th - Final application deadline for 2020 ABOG subspecialty qualifying exam
Test Taking Tip
Written Exam Candidates
Since ABOG no longer reports your score for the written board exam, unfortunately, the only resource to gauge your performance is the CREOG in-service-training exam. Anyone, not just residents, can take the exam, and is STRONGLY advised for those who are repeating their board exam. Don't worry... the results come only to you. However, the deadline to apply has passed, but you can register the day of the exam. Seats are not guaranteed and the cost is $145 per examination. Either email Darya Valantsevich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 202-863-2548 to arrange this and choose your testing center.
Online Test Taking Skills Course
Available on demand
- User Guide by Dr. Krishna Das, MD breaks down the content and order of course
- Videos by educators
- Use of CQRPE method can increase exam scores up to 20 points
- Step by Step strategy on taking tests
- Self-paced online course available on any device
- Course $400. Check out our packages that include course and save.