Register for our Subspecialty Webinars starting January 2023
FPMRS Certifying Exam Webinar
Begins January 29th
ABC fills the information gap identified by FPMRS subspecialists frustrated with a deficiency in their oral exam prep. ABC's course director Dr. Amos Adelowo has put together a dynamic team to help you prepare and pass your subspecialty certifying exam.
- Twelve 1-hour high-yield webcasts
- Attend live for one or all sessions or learn on your own time by accessing the archives.
- Structured cases format to practice articulation and receive feedback from faculty.
REI Certifying Exam Webinar
Begins January 29th
This webinar is the first in the country designed specifically to help you prepare for and pass your REI oral board exam. The topics are taken directly from the ABOG/ASRM learning objectives and reviewed in twice-weekly 1 hour sessions. In less than three months, we will cover the following topics:
- Female and Male Infertility
- Fertility Treatment
- Lab Techniques
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Precocious Puberty
- Hormone Therapy / Menopause
- Pelvic Pain
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Study Design and Statistical Methods – Oral Exam Strategies
MFM Certifying Exam Webinar
Begins January 30th
Designed specifically to help you prepare for and pass your MFM certifying or oral board exam. A minimum of four structured case scenarios will be reviewed with candidates answering through a mock oral exam experience. The topics chosen reflect high-yield clinical themes taken directly from the ABOG/ACGME learning objectives. The following topics will be covered:
- Design a Study Workshop: Tips and Strategies
- Cerclage and Cervical Length
- How to Read a Pedigree
- Cardiac Disease
- Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Cell-free DNA screening and Microarray
- Expansion Repeat Conditions
- Fetal Growth Restriction
- Non-obstetric surgery in Pregnancy
- Respiratory Failure
FAQs for the Certifying Subspecialists
Our Frequently Asked Questions Manuals provide a checklist approach for your certifying exams. They are a great tool to guide or cross-reference your studying and are even better to practice the certifying exam format. Available for FPMRS, MFM, and REI subspecialists. Click on the link below for more information.
Case List Tip
For FPMRS subspecialists
Here are some tips for creating an easy-to-navigate case list for you and the examiners.
1. Be consistent: if you list that you did a mid-urethral sling, specify that for every case that you did. Adding detail such as the type of sling is fine if you are comfortable defending your choice in a clinical way, but if defending sling type is anxiety-provoking, it is best to leave the details off and just make it generic "midurethral sling"
2. Be organized: Organize your surgical cases by chief complaint categories: prolapse, incontinence, pain, and other topics. Be consistent in your descriptions of chief complaint, therapy initiated, and outcomes. For office cases, organize them by category as well and ensure that you are able to defend things that may not be exactly by the book.
From everyone at ABC!
Wishing you the joy of family, the happiness of friends, and the love of the holiday season.
Upcoming Deadlines, Events, Dates:
2nd - 4th - ABC's REI Subspecialty Virtual Review Course
5th - 8th - ABOG Specialty Certifying Exam Week 4
15th - ABOG MOC Assignment due
2nd - ABOG 2023 Specialty and Subspecialty Qualifying Exam Application period begins
20th - Last day to apply for AOBOG Spring Primary Oral Exam with late fee
29th - REI and FPMRS Certifying Exam Webinar starts
30th - MFM Certifying Exam Webinar starts